Thursday, January 23, 2014

Why Blog About Retro Suds?

Over the past year I have noticed a trend in the marketing, selling, brewing and consuming of beer. People are getting back to their roots: craft breweries are popping up and gaining serious momentum, labeling and packaging is giving props to earlier editions and sales reps are taking a more personal approach to market their products. As a bartender and server I am excited about returning to the simple spirit of the malty beverage: bringing people together to celebrate, collaborate and communicate. The surge in retro beer is proof that everything new is not always better. There is a serious demand for capturing something vintage in bottles, cans and kegs.


"Every now and then you just get
 a little thirsty," Hank Williams Jr.
 

Whether beer makers, marketers and consumers are trying to be nostalgic or intrigue a new generation of potential beer lovers, this blog is my attempt to understand why old beer is cool again. Each week I will try an "old-school" brew and write about my experience, where it was served and who introduced me to the beer itself. My goal is to pay homage to beer drinkers who came before us and pave the way for those who have yet to enjoy it. I look forward to tasting my way through the upcoming weeks and sharing my sudsy experiences with you.

.

2 comments:

  1. I love my my beer, and I love this blog! I am very interested in craft beer, and have also been following these great new trends. I am looking forward to learning more though, and discovering more delicious beers try. I also can't wait to learn more about the history of beer. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im just recently getting into lesser known beers. Ive been trying a lot more than I usually have and I really like them. I usually stayed away from dark beers but Im finding that there are some out there that I like. This blog has given me a few more to try!

    ReplyDelete